Printing documents from Google Docs using the Chrome browser is quick and easy. With just a few clicks, you can get a hard copy of your Docs files. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about printing Google Docs from Chrome.
Prerequisites for Printing Google Docs from Chrome
Before printing, make sure:
- You are using the Chrome browser on your computer, Android, or iOS device
- You have the document open in Google Docs that you want to print
- Your printer is connected to your device and set as the default printer
Step-by-Step Guide to Printing Google Docs Files from Chrome
Follow these simple steps:
On Your Computer
- Open Chrome and go to Google Docs – Navigate to docs.google.com in your browser. Open the file you want to print.
- Click File > Print – You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl/Command + P.
- Select printer and print settings – Choose your connected printer, the page range, number of copies, etc.
- Click “Print” – This will send the document to your printer.
- Open the Google Docs app – Launch the Android app and open the Doc you want to print.
- Tap the 3-dot menu > Share & export > Print – This opens the printing options.
- Choose printer and settings – Select your Android printer and adjust any options.
- Tap “Print” – The Doc will start printing.
- Open the Doc in the Google Docs iOS app – Launch the app and open the file you want to print.
- Tap the More Actions menu (3 dots) > Share & Export > Print
- Select printer and change settings as needed
- Tap “Print” to send the Doc to your AirPrint compatible printer
Tips for Printing Google Docs Files
- Use the Print Preview to check formatting before printing
- Break large documents into sections for easier printing
- Print to PDF if you want to preserve all formatting
- Make sure your printer has the latest software/drivers installed
- Adjust printer settings like page orientation and margins to optimize space
Troubleshooting Printing Issues
If you run into problems printing, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Restart your computer and printer
- Check your internet connection
- Disable any browser extensions related to printing
- Clear your browser cache and cookies
- Update your printer software and drivers
- Switch to a different web browser
- Export the Doc to PDF and print the PDF file instead
We hope this guide gives you everything you need to successfully print your Google Docs files from Chrome! Let us know if you have any other questions.